PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: Feature request Unique IP
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hal

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Feature request Unique IP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I desperately need a unique Ip address.
You said it was difficult to achieve, not impossibile.

How "impossible" is this? 100 euros, 500, 1000?

I definetely think this is a must for a hosted pbx.

Please consider to add this feature ASAP

19.08.2011 00:38 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Feature request Unique IP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

SInce you are declaring desperate for a unique Public IP, and everything is possible when money is no object as you insinuating in your comments, the real question is:

How much money are you willing to part with for a unique IP on your PBXes account?

Let's see how really desperate you are. We will be considering adding that feature based solely on your financial contribution.

Have a nice day.

20.08.2011 10:13 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
hal

RE: Feature request Unique IP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the reply.

I believe you are the expert here.

I'm simply a customer who is willing to pay a certain amount to add a feature I consider useful.

How much it would be to add a unique address per PBX accounts it's up to you, not me.
I have no idea of the current configuration of your servers, so I can't say that it's gonna cost 100 or 1000 or whatever. The only thing I know about servers, is that you can have unique ip addresses even on a shared vps.

Having said that, if you can clarify how much money you need for this feature, I can pass the info to my administration to see if they are ok with it.

22.08.2011 00:24 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Appearances tend to be deceiving Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You are definitely a customer who is willing to pay a certain amount to add a feature you consider useful. But when the question is direct: How much money are you willing to part with for a unique IP on your PBXes account? you don't seem to have a definite answer. And based on your latest comment, it is not even going to be your decision, but you have to pass the info to your administration for them to approve.

Let me remind you the question was, how much were you willing to pay for a unique IP to your PBXes account, based on your initial comment "I desperately need a unique IP address". Not how much it will cost to implement such a change to PBXes for every account, which you started suggesting in your reply.

You are definitely a customer who knows that even a shared VPS can have multiple unique IPs, so you assumed that any server can do it as well. Obviously you forgot that PBXes is a service run on multiple servers in three continents. Any PBXes account can be freely moved to any of the other servers, in case the server it is currently hosted in experiences an issue. Have you ever considered, how this server change will affect the accounts with their own unique IPs? I guess not, and I don't expect you to know the answer, but in a similar way I don't expect you to behave as a smart-ass, when demanding a feature whose implications are not visible to you.

When you first brought up this request in the support thread, I mentioned that it was not that easy to implement it for technical reasons. It is not lack of financial resources that has prevented us from offering it so far, but our efforts to keep offering as much of a stable telephony platform as we can. And I offered you alternatives, in order to compensate for this lack of unique IP for every PBXes account. I guess you didn't like my replies, so you created this thread.

22.08.2011 13:50 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
hal

You know how it is in business, you don't have to stop in front of the first negative answer or you are going to be out soon.

Your offer to deal with my carrier directly was not accepted because of internal policy. I realize that I could have told you so, just to avoid any misunderstanding. Please accept my apology if I offended you or Pbxes.org in any way.

Still we asked for a tech prefix, but We couldn't get it. The provider didn't seem interested in making the effort just for a client.

Apart from the whole topic, I have to say that I'm impressed with the quality of your service and I look forward to keep on doing business with you.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by hal on 23.08.2011 at 15:59.

22.08.2011 18:26 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: