PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: Call transfer from mobile to Pbx extension
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sil

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Call transfer from mobile to Pbx extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is the call flow I would like to have

- Customer call the reception
-Pbx forward the call to my mobile
-i answer the call and then transfer it to the extension required with the help of *2 blind transfer code or with ## attended transfer code
- customer call in answered by the right person

This is what I have
- customer call the reception
- pbx forward the call
- I transfer the call using code ##XXX --> doesn't work; I use code *2XXX (X is my extension number)
- CUSTOMER'S CALL GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL even though extension is connected and working

Can anyone help?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sil on 03.08.2011 at 00:36.

03.08.2011 00:31 silver84 is offline Search for Posts by silver84 Add silver84 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Call transfer from mobile to Pbx extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The key to the answer is understanding these two phrases:

••• The PBXes forwards the call to my mobile

How does PBXes transfer the inbound call to your mobile phone? Does it use a trunk to dial a PSTN number, or does it dial a SIP extension corresponding to a soft-phone App running on your smart-phone?

••• I answer the call and then transfer it to the extension required with the help of *2 blind transfer code or with ## attended transfer code

If it is the second case, does the soft-phone App on your smart-phone, have the ability to transfer the call via a button? If it doesn't then select another App that allows Transfers via a button or a menu item.

Keep in mind, the Blind transfer sequence (*2) and any other sequence (VSAC) containing the characters (*1234567890#) are meant to be used via regular phones connected to ATAs.

Any other SIP phone should be using buttons or menu items, since they generate SIP messages directly, instead of requiring translation via the PBXes SIP Proxy. In addition, most of the time VSACs face transmission issues due to DTMF mishaps, and as such they should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

However, if it is the first case, you need to have a long talk with your PSTN trunk provider (ITSP) regarding the proper relay of DTMF digits from your mobile phone to the ITSP and finally back to PBXes. Not an easy talk, since the mobile operator might need to get involved as well. It's easier to get a smart-phone, a SIP soft-phone App, and a 3G data plan. A lot more control, and space for troubleshooting issues.

03.08.2011 18:06 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sil

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Call transfer from mobile to Pbx extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Diafora.

It's the first case. I use my trunks to call my mobile number.

Once I blind transfer the call, it goese back to the pbx in the right way...the weird thing is that the pbx tells me that the extension required is offline, even though it's registrered

If it was a case of DTMF mishaps, the blind transfer shouldn't work at all and the comunication should remain between the mobile user and the orginal caller.

Correct me if i'm wrong

04.08.2011 00:45 silver84 is offline Search for Posts by silver84 Add silver84 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I bet the Blind Transfer does not work properly, due to DTMF transmission issues.

The *2 goes through and starts the process, but the rest of the extension number is not transmitted properly. Therefore the extension cannot be identified.

Try setting up the Trunk credentials on a SIP UA (soft-phone, ATA, IP-phone), dial your mobile phone number and when the call is answered, dial the *2xxx sequence from your mobile phone's side. If you capture a packet trace you will hopefully see the DTMF digits being transmitted to the SIP UA. It won't be able to do anything with them, but you will most probably see the duplicated digits.

If the above is not possible, then open a support case, provide us with the trunk's credentials and we will setup the packet trace. You will then dial your number and complete the above test scenario. If the DTMF digits come through properly, and it turns out to be a PBXes issue, no Support funds will be withdrawn.

04.08.2011 11:56 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: