PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Voting for SRTP / TLS or SRTP / ZRTP
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pbx

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Voting for SRTP / TLS or SRTP / ZRTP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

PBXes supports currently Secure-VPN via VPN only. It can however cause troubles because not every hard- and softphones work with it. An easy and futureproof way would be an optional SRTP/TLS encryption with ZRTP Keyexchange as well, if possible.

Asterisk 1.8 already supports SRTP.

If it is important for you as well, please vote for it here:

http://www.hfn-media.net/srtp_eng.html

It is also possible to leave your comments.

Thank you.

Regards,

P.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pbx on 02.02.2011 at 10:41.

01.02.2011 20:57 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List
mmz
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 09.02.2011

RE: Voting for SRTP / TLS or SRTP / ZRTP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We need it also.
For us security is important and VPN is not supported on most devices. It is also inconvenient to disconnect after a call. Plus after VPN is disconnected we cannot receive secure calls.

Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mmz on 27.02.2011 at 00:18.

27.02.2011 00:17 mmzade is offline Search for Posts by mmzade Add mmzade to your Buddy List
pbx

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Voting for SRTP / TLS or SRTP / ZRTP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have spoken to the developer of the sopftphones "phoner lite".
(In this softphone are both SRTP and ZRTP implemented).
He said, if both of them are activated PBXes (generally Asterisk) should work with it. SRTP alone won´t work.

The first tests show that normal conversations are possible also with clients which does not support SRTP / ZRTP. I must make some additional test with and audio records with clients which support ZRTP to see if it works.

Summary: all the clients which supports both SRTP and ZRTP seems to be compatible with PBXes.

known clients:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/ZRTP

I think all the clients which supports ZRTP supports SRTP as well.

Regards,

I.

EDIT: this interest seems to be big.

Today want 80% (17pc.) of the responding people to support SRTP / TLS.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pbx on 10.02.2012 at 23:34.

07.03.2011 21:35 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: