PBXes » English » News » RE: Additional Payment Provider
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Should we add a second Payment Processor in addition to Paypal?
Google Checkout 150 63.56%
Keep Paypal only 36 15.25%
Money Bookers 21 8.90%
U Kash 11 4.66%
Click and Buy 10 4.24%
Western Union 8 3.39%
Total: 236 Votes 100%

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Additional Payment Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Over the years the PBXes' support team, has received numerous requests to accept payments from at least another Payment Processing company, in addition to Paypal.

Since its' inception PBXes has been using Paypal exclusively, based on the following facts: it can be funded from quite a few countries, it is quite easy to use for beginners, and kept things simple in general. Paypal has evolved over the years and it has reached a certain level of maturity as a payment processor. On the other hand Paypal has grown in size & popularity, and as a result it has become very set in its' ways on certain policies.

Meanwhile other players have entered this market segment, and a few of them have lasted the tests of time, functionality and confidence. Therefore in order to facilitate our users we are considering to add another payment processor in addition to Paypal.

We are fully aware that such a move will create an additional burden on the PBXes' support team, as well as possible confusion for the average user. We have seen that users with multiple Paypal accounts, tend to forget from which Paypal account they have created their subscription, when it's time to renew it. Adding a second Payment processor will most likely add to the confusion, since there will be another variable in the equation.

So before we decide to go forward with it, we have created this poll in order to gather your opinions on the subject, gauge the level of interest, and most importantly to hear your comments regarding possible issues you have faced when dealing with the rest of the Payment Processors in the list. So don't hold back.

The list of the Payment Processors above, is not exhaustive, and it is not meant to be exclusive. If you feel that another Payment Processing service should be included in the list, please let us know about it. If it is worthwhile we will add it in the list.

01.06.2010 08:19 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Additional Payment Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

click and buy would be the best solution. They offer many different payment methods for many different countries.

The only question would be how payment will be handled.

I just had the issue of automatisch payments through paypal, when stopped the pbxes subscribption would be stopped automatiscally.

When you pay thru say click and buy you manualle have to pay every month, year, quarter etc. This would mean that there is no automatic link between pbxes and payment provider, this According to ip-tel in the last thread about paypal problems. So I am looking forward how this can now be solved.

01.06.2010 09:08 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
pro

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Additional Payment Provider Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would really like to use a separate payment provider IF IF pbxes can find one that will remove the burden of providing tax invoices.
We use a division of Digital River for our payments for this very reason, maybe if pbxes do the same then as a EU VAT registered business the service would be 19% cheaper and would probably use this saving to pay for a higher-level service.

03.07.2010 17:45 provenworks is offline Search for Posts by provenworks Add provenworks to your Buddy List
mov
Soho Account

Registration Date: 18.12.2009

UP!

The fact that you don't give us a regular billing tax invoice is a big problem that keep our business with you really limited.

03.08.2010 16:53 movia is offline Search for Posts by movia Add movia to your Buddy List
grz
Premium Account

Registration Date: 07.09.2006

true
Zitat:
Originally posted by movia
UP!

The fact that you don't give us a regular billing tax invoice is a big problem that keep our business with you really limited.

23.10.2010 13:55 grzegorz7 is offline Search for Posts by grzegorz7 Add grzegorz7 to your Buddy List
gbw
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 10.09.2013

Are there yet any alternatives to Paypal? I am wanting to phase Paypal out as a payment method for my business. For a subscription method for online services I know that it is popular option. I made a similar request of my internet service provider today and one option was paying quarterly by bank transfer (and getting a discount for this, 5%).

05.12.2018 19:15 gbwood is offline Search for Posts by gbwood Add gbwood to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Since 2014 we accept Bitcoin and since April 2018 we also accept Ethereum.

06.12.2018 12:59 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: