PBXes » English » PBXes PRO »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ten

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Help with SPA 3102 FXO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Just gone live with PBXes and having a few problems, any help appreciated. This system replaces a local NCH Axon PBX which worked with no problems.

I have SPA 3102 for incoming pstn lines and Voicetrading sip for outgoing calls.
Dynamic trunks are set up for each FXO, and Inbound routing to a single ring group which works correctly.
When I attempt outgoing pstn calls (0844, 0845, 0870) via the FXO trunks the calls fail.
The system log says no outbound route.
The SPA info page shows no pstn call.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?
Regards
Ron

11.06.2008 15:44 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

From your description of the issue, it seems like a missing or misconfigured Outbound Route. I will try to look in to it and get back to you.

12.06.2008 01:01 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ten

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
The exact system log message is:
NOTICE[11484] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 3 - No route to destination)
Regards

12.06.2008 10:09 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
ten

wütend Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Any help anyone ?
As I mentioned it all works fine for incoming pstn calls, just unable to make outgoing pstn calls. This is really frustrating as we have to use mobiles for calls which are not carried by VoiP provider. This did work perfectly under NCH Axon so I am sure it's just configuration.
Regards
Ron

17.06.2008 14:24 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
art
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 05.11.2006

I find it hard to believe this has not been addressed since May. I suspect it was resolved (but no resolution shows in this forum).
I have several SPA3000 working with pbxes (both incoming and outgoing - both local (next to me - not local to pbxes) and remote)
As said previously, this seems to be an outbound routing problem (possibly even a Trunk configuration problem). Could someone just clarify where this lies?

17.06.2008 22:21 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

@artarzi: This forum posting was created on 11.06.2008 09:44 not last May. Possibly tenaille's registration date mixed you up.

@tenaille: In the section Personal Data select the checkbox for: "Allow independent moderators to see your call log & configuration data for support (readonly, no passwords) and provisioning (write trunks, extensions and dialrules) purposes"

17.06.2008 23:25 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ten

Ok,
read enabled
Regards

18.06.2008 00:29 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Ron,

What kind of numbers do you expect to dial out of the PSTN Outbound Route? Will it be calls to Fixed UK numbers, Mobile UK numbers, International?

18.06.2008 09:31 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ten

The numbers to be dialled out are UK 0844, 0845, etc (non geographic) codes that are not handled by my current provider.
To select pstn I use a dial 9 prefix and the call should be presented to the pstn in the form 90844xxxxxx to suit the featureline configuration.
Regards
Ron

18.06.2008 10:54 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Ron,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the PSTN lines expect to see 0844xxxxxx not 90844xxxxxx as the dial pattern. Since no other 084[45]xxxxxx Dial Pattern exists in your Outbound Routes, you can use just that to match on the PSTN Outbound Route.

If for some reason you have to use the 9 as a prefix, set the Custom Dial Pattern of your PSTN Outbound Route to 9|0844xxxxxx which, would match on the 9 and then strip it before sending the rest of the dialed digits to the FXO[321] trunks.

18.06.2008 14:04 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ten

Hi,
The original pstns are BT Featurelines (Centrex ?).
The 9 digit is required for outside access on these lines (I have just checked that again with a phone straight on to the lines).
After using Axon for 6 months I just reprogged the PAP2s, 1001s and 3102's with the PBXes logins. The only difference seemed to be the FXO syntax in PBXes (using 'dynamic' and not registering).
Each FXO has its incoming dp pointing to the trunk name (ie FX01) which works fine, the outgoing dp being left at xx..
The logic of the outbound routes seems fine, if I set a password for pstn access then it correctly asks me for it .
Ron

18.06.2008 16:33 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
ten

Hi,
Making progress now. I have created a trunk for outbound pstn and pointed it at my Spa3102 using a dyndns account and sip port (port forwarded to the FXO).
Outbound routing works fine but the FXO just gives me the actual pstn dial tone and doesn't dial my digits out.
The system log shows PBXes is happy with the call.

Only a whisker away now I think.
Ron

19.06.2008 15:17 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
ten

smile Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok,
All working now. Final problem was dtmf level too low, increased from default -16 to -6 on the 3102 and it worked.

@Diafora can you check my config is correct in principle, I will tweak exactly which numbers go to which trunk for my purposes.
Hopefully this will help others, or is it just me !

'til next time,
Regards
Ron

19.06.2008 17:45 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I have checked your configuration and it seems to be fine for what you described earlier. My only comment is to tighten up the Dial Patterns of your Outbound Routes so no misdialed calls can go through.

20.06.2008 11:11 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ten

Thanks, will do.
Regards
Ron

20.06.2008 11:58 tenaille is offline Search for Posts by tenaille Add tenaille to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: