PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

Snom m3 DECT (cordless) SIP phone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to buy the Snom m3, the wireless IP phone introduced by Snom. Wiil I be able to use with Pbxes with relevant configuration.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 05.05.2008 at 18:33.

05.05.2008 16:39 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Although I have seen the m3 at VON last October, the phone at the Snom booth was a prototype, and they wouldn't allow me to re-configure it with PBXes for a test.

I believe the m3 is running version 7 of their firmware which has a few incompatibilities with PBXes. On the other hand, I currently have 3 Snom phones (360, 320) running version 6 firmware, which have fewer issues with PBXes.

Are you looking to buy this particular phone or will you consider other SIP DECT phones too?

05.05.2008 17:16 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was looking for this particular SIP DECT phones as it is cordless. Otherwise linksys SPA 9xx series are compatible with Pbxes
Snom m3 currently runs a firmware version 1.07, which is different then (snom300, snom320, snom 360 & snom370) which run on version 7.1.30
But due to specific requirement, let me know any other brand of cordless SIP DECT phones which has no problem with Pbxes.Thanks

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 05.05.2008 at 18:23.

05.05.2008 18:10 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Other DECT (cordless) SIP phone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The Linksys SPA-962, as well as the rest of the SPA-xxxx adapters and phones, have been the most compatible SIP UAs I have found so far, for use with PBXes.

Since you are in the market for a DECT SIP phone, I will be testing the Siemens Gigaset CE460 IP R around the end of the month. So if you are willing to wait, I will be able to give you a fair assessment of it.

Regarding the Snom m3 phone you have, if you can port forward port 80 to its' IP on your router, I might be able to look though it's settings. Have you been able to provision it as an extension on PBXes?

05.05.2008 18:38 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

I have stillto wait for 3 week to get Snom m3 so once I get, will try to portforward port 80 to its' IP on your router and other test you mentioned.
Meanwhile, you will also able to test Siemens Gigaset CE460 IP R.
Some information about pbx http://kb.snom.com/kb/index.php?CategoryID=7

http://wiki.snom.com/wiki/index.php/Interoperability#SIP_PBX

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 05.05.2008 at 20:18.

05.05.2008 20:14 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

smile SNOM M3 working with Pbxes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Eventually I received Snom M3, upgraded to latest firmware i.e 1.15. Then configured the Pbxes extension it is working without any problem.

Sound quality and range is really very good. Tried all ports 80,5060, 5061 and 443 and was able to register all.

Snom M3 can register upto 8 VOIP provider in one handset.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 27.06.2008 at 09:28.

27.06.2008 09:26 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I am glad you got the Snom M3 up and running on PBXes.

What you should watch out for, is whether the phone looses its' registration from time to time, which results in not ringing on incoming calls, when the rest of the phones in the Ring Group ring properly.

That is one of the issues desktop Snom phones suffer from.

27.06.2008 13:52 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Using last 3 days, good news phone does not looses its' registration at port 5060 for all incoming and outgoing.

But strange part that phone looses its' registration from time to time on ports 5061 & 443. I have Voxalot on the same hand set at port 2060 and it never losses its registration.

I have no explanation why Snom M3 on port 5061 & 443 losses registration form time to time.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 29.06.2008 at 07:14.

29.06.2008 07:13 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration ports 5061, 443 & 80 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tested last port 80, sane the the registration is lost and calls can not made or received. But Snom M3 screen shows registered.

Only port work 5060 for all incoming and outgoing, any suggestion to use other ports.

02.07.2008 06:16 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I have never been able to register any PBXes extension on a Snom phone, on a port other than 5060. I believe there is an inherent incompatibility between the Snom and the Asterisk SIP stacks.

Even when registering extensions on different servers the only usable SIP port is 5060. No other port has worked for me. Regarding Voxalot I believe their service runs on SER, which is different than Asterisk.

Regarding the registration status shown on the web interface of the Snom phones, it is not very accurate. The only way to know whether your SIP User Agents hold their registrations, is to assign them into Ring Groups. Then direct your Inbound calls into the Ring Group, and watch over the period of a couple of days, whether all your SIP UAs ring on every inbound call.

Some of them will, some of them will not. My Sipura UAs ring almost all the time, my Snom and Siemens UAs ring 50% of the time.

02.07.2008 19:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

SIP DECT phones are easy to use compare to ATA device. But it is a fact that ATA like 3102, 3000 has no comparison with any device provided they well configured.

To make Snom ring all the time for incoming calls, I am suing unique port for all devices. Like Snom Pbxes using 5060, Snom voxalot 4060. For Liknsys 3102 voxalot on line1 443 and PSTN at 3060.
I experience one way sound when using 5060 for Linksys 3102 although using stun at Linksys i.e end up using unique ports.

I did not try to use Stun at Snom may be will solve the problem of one way sound.

09.07.2008 05:39 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

The issue I have identified with the Snom desk phones as well as the Siemens DECT phones, is that no call appearance has been able to register on a port other than 5060.

When using a different signaling port on any of the account configurations of a Snom or a Siemens, that specific account does not register. In contrast when using different signaling ports (from 5060 to 5080) on any Linksys (Sipura) User Agent, all the inbound calls are received properly.

09.07.2008 10:32 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: