PBXes » English » News » RE: Call Log/trace
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dke

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Call Log/trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Call logging and/or trace would be extremely useful. A log of number dialed (or received for incoming), route/trunk used, actual number sent to trunk (after prefix substitution/deletion), time and duration, extension sending/receiving call, etc. would be extremely useful.

DAK

24.02.2006 16:00 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: Call Log/trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi DAK,

did you see the call monitor when logging in with your extension (<account>-<extension no> as username, voicemail as password)?

Best regards,
Pascal

24.02.2006 16:04 i-p-tel is online Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dke

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow, no I didn't even think of trying that, I've always just logged on with master account id, never -<ext>. I just tried it and it's pretty nice.

Thanks.

25.02.2006 00:13 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
sch

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I think it would really help to see not only the dialed number but what is realy handed to the VSP, too.
At the moment there is no way to check the dialrules and locate a faulty entry. Sometimes it is even hard to guess which trunk is taken since all acounts with one VSP are subsummised.

Or some extra function to give the trunk / handed over number from extension / dialed number?

schufti

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sch on 18.08.2006 at 09:31.

18.08.2006 09:24 schufti is offline Search for Posts by schufti Add schufti to your Buddy List
sky

also the "destination number" in the Call Logs is this "after" conversion of a dialplan or not? It seems it's before conversion of a dialplan.

this to test if our dialplan is in error unglücklich

also I let an "enum" test test on e164.org one of my extensions... but it seems it just follows "incoming calls" and not directly that extension? the "validate my pin" on e164.org was correct ... is this an issue at e164 or pbxes?
in the call logs the destination is always "1" instead of my extension number... the trunk is something with 4 numbers? (not an ip?) ...1504 or something?

27.08.2006 10:27 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Call Log/trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This feature request from the very early days of PBXes has finally been implemented. Use the new menu option "System Log":

It lists system messages of the current month. The search function allows filtering only important messages ("notice").

24.01.2008 17:25 i-p-tel is online Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

i-p-tel nice feature but 15 logs per page does make it difficult to go thru all the logs.

It would be nice if we can get maybe 100 logs per page or if the log can be downloaded to analyse. downloading would be the best option.

The same has been asked for het call monitor to download them but we have never heard a reply why this can't be done. Also for this log it would help if we get 100 logs per page instead of the 15. I just hate going thru all the pages.

25.01.2008 13:47 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Call Log/trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your idea. We have already added the buttons to System Log and Call Monitor.

You are right. This also resolves the feature request for downloadable CDRs (for Premium and PRO accounts).

25.01.2008 16:24 i-p-tel is online Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

yes 100 1000 or 10000 is perfect. Thanks for the fast response.

I could copy paste to an word or excel sheet and that way i still have a log file to save. It's just a bit manual work but it works fine

25.01.2008 19:34 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dor

RE: Call Log/trace Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Are there any plans to increase page entries limit? I think 500 line would be adequate. Or may be make the log file downloadable?

27.10.2008 05:24 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
bob

the log can be downloaded, at least right fropm 10000 i see csv and when clicking it exports the log to a file.

The only thing helpfull now is an option to delete the log or not let it grow longer than say 10.000 entries. Searching the log does take some time know and I asume this will also cost cpu time at pbxes.

27.10.2008 10:38 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: