PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- Miscellaneous (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=19)
--- My contribution (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1756)

Posted by mikeparker on 05.12.2007 at 12:20:

Multiple Accounts problem

When I first setup an account at pbxes and configured everything, the pbx would not work correctly (I was not aware of changing servers etc). I thought the solution was to setup a new account and see if I could get that working instead. The second account worked perfectly and I was really pleased with pbxes.
I then received an email advising that I had broken your terms and conditions - which is perfectly reasonable - however I was unaware of this condition as the t/c's are all written in German.
The email advised that the second account would be deleted / disabled (again perfectly reasonable).
As I had the first account (and more experience) I deleted everything and rebuilt the exchange so it was working properly. Pbxes then disabled my second account and I continued using the now working first account.
Last weekend I then received another email saying that I had duplicate accounts and that you were going to disable my working account?
I do not need 2 accounts, I do not want 2 accounts and I do not really need a premium account. The pbx is just for home / friend use and not for commercial use.
I do not mind 'contributing' for my service but I do not like having to upgrade to post a message describing this problem.
The account I wish to keep - preferably free is mikeparker, and the account that should be deleted is msatt.
This has cost me 10.95 euros to post this message, and I see that as a 'contribution' to pbxes.
Please advise that the account mikeparker can be downgraded to free status without being disabled.
Pbxes really should have a way in which users can contact you with these sorts of problems without upgrading. This is not a support question it is customer service.

Posted by ozpoole on 05.12.2007 at 13:09:

I agree there could be contact methods that are more available to users. Free users basically have no way of contacting the people who run the service, and are often left to either give-up or upgrade to a premium account (as you have) which I don't feel is very reasonable. I don't even think they have a sales email for contacting with questions prior to buying which I find a bit strange.

They do offer a support service, but at a cost, and I personally believe they should be able to provide some level of basic support for free (apart from the premium-only forums). Especially when it is regarding questions about the terms and conditions of the service, sales, difficulty with account set-up, or multiple accounts.

Anyway, you should know that now that you have a premium account, they can't and will not delete it due to having double accounts (they may however delete/disable your free account). Also if you log into your free account, delete all trunks, extension etc. and change the personal info and abandon the account, it should no longer trigger the PBXes system to flag it as a duplicate account and you shouldn't receive future e-mails about needing to upgrade.

Posted by mikeparker on 05.12.2007 at 13:37:

Thanks for the support ozpoole.
This is my 'free' account (mikeparker), the other account msatt has been disabled by pbxes so I cannot go in and edit / remove anything.
So if I downgrade mikeparker, unless the other account is removed by pbxes, I will probably get another email saying I have a duplicate account unglücklich
I only want one account - mikeparker smile

Posted by i-p-tel on 05.12.2007 at 14:33:

RE: Multiple Accounts problem

@mikeparker
We had already taken care of your request before you upgraded to premium. You sent an email to our press office. You should have received an email that your account "msatt" was deleted. Consequently your account "mikeparker" is no more a double.

Thank you for your contribution.

Posted by mikeparker on 05.12.2007 at 15:07:

My contribution

Thank you for the fast response - I only ever wanted one account.
As per my voicemail / email notification, (reported in bugs), I assume that would be the reason why I did not receive the email saying my account was deleted.
Anyway problem sorted and at the end of the month, I will downgrade again - and happy to contribute
smile