PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- Feature Requests (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=23)
--- RE: Notification of Missed Calls (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1747)

Posted by Diafora on 29.11.2007 at 00:34:

Notification of Missed Calls

I would like to propose a feature where we can get notified via email for the missed calls calls which arrived on extensions, even if the caller did not leave a message.

The email message can be a simple as the following, by omitting whatever is in the brackets. That would make it friendly to character limiting SMS messages.

Subject: Missed call from +xxxxxxxxxxx (Caller-ID)
Date: Month DD, 2007
To: whatever@testdomain.com

You had a missed call from +xxxxxxxxxxx (Caller-ID) to +xxxxxxxxxxx (DID).

Posted by ozpoole on 29.11.2007 at 18:22:

I agree this would be a good feature, but I also wanted to let you know if you want a quick solution, there are softphone programs out there that offer this feature and could easily be set-up to accomplish this task.

For example, you could setup the softphone with a new extension that is part of a Ring Group or Queue with the other extensions that you want notifications for.

Edit: I may have overestimated how many softphones support this feature, I somewhat assumed it was fairly common yet most of the popular softphones don't seem to support it.

Posted by Diafora on 30.11.2007 at 04:28:

An email notification can help you keep track of all the calls and provide an audit trail, without having to keep a PC on with an active soft-phone.

Posted by bobmats on 30.11.2007 at 10:24:

do you also want to receive a missed call from a call without caller id ?

What would be more helpfull is also if the log of pbxes can be downloaded. I have mentioned this several times in some threads, one got deleted (don't know why).
As having the log file in for example xls format can help to analyse traffic or lookup received or outgoing calls.

Posted by Diafora on 11.12.2007 at 05:02:

Missed Calls Notification justification

To answer your question, I would like to get a Missed Call Notification, even for the calls which don't display Caller-ID. The reason being, that I now look at the Call Monitor for the trunk on which the call arrived on.

In the above case the MCN message would be:

Subject: Missed call from Anonymous
Date: Month DD, 2007
To: whatever@testdomain.com

You had a missed call from Anonymous to Trunk-Name.

Regarding the subject of the downloadable Call Monitor entries (CDRs), there is at least one thread on the Features Request sub-forum, which mentions its' functionality. http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=834

If it is an important feature for quite a few individuals, let's have a show of hands on the above thread, where we ask again politely, for it to be implemented.

Posted by bazmercer on 08.02.2010 at 16:08:

RE: Notification of Missed Calls

Did anything happen regarding this...? I can't see the option anywhere but I'm a bit of a newbie. Anyway, it's certainly something I'd be interested in doing so that I can call back potential clients.

Cheers
Barry

Posted by Diafora on 08.02.2010 at 20:24:

It hasn't happened yet, AFAIK. Keep asking for it, if you think is a valuable addition.

Posted by tijuca on 14.02.2010 at 00:23:

I think that it is a good feature.

Posted by doronin on 05.03.2010 at 17:51:

Agree, it would very valuable

Posted by tijuca on 05.03.2010 at 19:25:

Oh Lord.

I think we need more readers to this forum. I say again: This features is great !!!

Posted by Diafora on 05.03.2010 at 21:09:

Hey, hey, no double voting. großes Grinsen

Count my 2nd vote too.

Posted by usina on 05.03.2010 at 22:13:

Agree, it would very valuable 2

Posted by requisitte on 05.03.2010 at 22:17:

Hey guys. This is a really great feature ! I need it ! Of course I agree too. Is it working fine ?

Posted by damape on 05.03.2010 at 22:24:

Agree, it would very valuable
Pleaseeee!!!! gogogoog!!!!

Posted by danielmachado on 05.03.2010 at 22:33:

Yessssssss. Please I want too . großes Grinsen

Posted by neopark on 05.03.2010 at 22:51:

Daumen hoch! RE: Notification of Missed Calls

It would be more than excellent this option, you can count on me if you need to make test!

Was very good this option, I'm a more joined the group.

Posted by tijuca on 06.03.2010 at 02:04:

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
Hey, hey, no double voting. großes Grinsen

Count my 2nd vote too.

Ok Diafora. I know. You`re a great man....großes Grinsengroßes Grinsen

It is not a double voting. This feature is great. That`s my desire. So. I`ll be waiting.

Posted by requisitte on 11.03.2010 at 02:21:

Hello Diafora.

Any news about it ?

Posted by Diafora on 11.03.2010 at 11:39:

Not that I know of, but keep in mind there will be an announcement in this thread, when it will be implemented.

Posted by montoo on 20.08.2010 at 12:15:

Is there any news when going to implement Notification of Missed Calls this feature is very important and useful, waiting anxiously.