PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- News (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=17)
--- Google Voice as SIP Provider (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1531082977)

Posted by bvmf on 14.07.2018 at 17:08:

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider

Has ANYONE been able to successfully use PBXes' new Google Voice sip trunk for more than a few minutes? I would love to have just ONE person confirm that they have been able to get this thing to work reliably for more than ten minutes at a time.

It seems that we are ALL having the same issue with the new GV sip system implemented by PBXes -- the trunk does not stay registered and goes inactive. You can delete the trunk and add it again, which gives you a few minutes of functionality, but again, it doesn't stay registered and goes inactive.

Posted by ecys on 14.07.2018 at 17:26:

System log... further proof that we are all experiencing the same issue:

Jul 14 09:21:29 VERBOSE[30230] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"
Jul 14 09:22:29 NOTICE[30230] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'gvuser@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #14)
Jul 14 09:22:29 VERBOSE[30230] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"
Jul 14 09:23:29 NOTICE[30230] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'gvuser@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #15)
Jul 14 09:23:29 VERBOSE[30230] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"

Posted by mistere on 14.07.2018 at 20:34:

***SEEMS TO BE FIXED, READ WHOLE POST***
Hi there everyone,

After I had it pointed out to me that the GVsip options are integrated into the regular 'add sip trunk' page (sorry about thatAugen rollen ), I was able to get everything connected to my GV account.

The only problem is that I am experiencing the same issue as others here... my GV trunk only stays registered for random but short periods of time. Sometimes I manage to get a few test calls in and other times it dies so quickly I don't get a chance.

I checked the system log and it doesn't reveal much other than that the GV account is no longer registered (which I already knew).
NOTICE[44694] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'gvuser@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #16)
VERBOSE[44694] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"
***read my edit!

The random time interval before the trunk becomes unregistered makes me wonder if it is a bottleneck of some kind on the server side.

While experimenting with naf's (and friends) pjsip implementation, I noticed that I had to use the 'opus' codec on the extension side of the connection to prevent my test system from bogging due to transcoding load. I was using a small VM, though...

Then again, it might also just be a timeout bug somewhere...

I am going to see if I can find anything else about this on the DSL reports page or commit reports on naf's pjsip repository.

If anyone else has ideas, please chime in Augenzwinkern

EDIT:
Right after I posted this, the GV trunk magically registered again and stayed that way for about ~1min. After that, it greyed out again. But, I was able to get some relevant lines from the syslog as it stopped working:

VERBOSE[44694] logger.c: Capabilities: us - 0x61e (gsm|ulaw|alaw|g726|speex|ilbc), peer - audio=0x4 (ulaw)/video=0x0 (nothing), combined - 0x4 (ulaw)
VERBOSE[14880] logger.c: -- SIP/XXXMYACCOUNTXXX-acfe answered SIP/myaccount-X00-f084
VERBOSE[14678] logger.c: -- Called XXXMYACCOUNTXXX/18002255288
VERBOSE[44694] chan_sip.c: SIP response 100 to standard invite
VERBOSE[44694] chan_sip.c: SIP response 183 to standard invite

followed by the normal 'hang-up' blah blah blah BUT:
NOTICE[44694] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'gvuser@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #1)

Hey, wait a minute. Isn't ' gvuser ' supposed to be a UNIQUE UUID for each account !?!?! I looked inside of Legacy Google Voice's settings on my google account page and the check box for 'sip:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@obihai.sip.google.com definitely is unique and not ' gvuser '. I copied the unique identifier (the XXXXX part above) into the 'username' field in my SIP trunk config and everything seems to work great now. Apparently, the 'get google voice password' button does EXACTLY what it says; it gets you the password and nothing else. You will need to visit the Legacy Google Voice page and copy your username into your SIP trunk settings and save it again... It is odd that Google's servers will let you register a trunk without a valid username, even for such short intervals. This, I am sure, is a vulnerability on Google's side. It would allow anonymous calls and 'ghost' trunks, not to mention possible account impersonations... hope it gets fixed.

I also noticed that the registration service polled the codec support list and it did not have 'opus' in the list... don't know if this is relevant, but opus definitely is lighter on the server.

Posted by montoo on 15.07.2018 at 02:35:

Daumen hoch! RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider

Hats Off...
Definitely, GVoice maintaining registration and working after the suggestion of mis to replace user name with UNIQUE UUID shown Legacy Google Voice's settings.
Thanks

Posted by ecys on 15.07.2018 at 02:50:

thanks mistere! it worked...
however, we have a new problem. on all outgoing calls, if the call isn't answered in four rings, the system hangs up and gives you a busy signal. this means, if the person you are calling has a voicemail system that does not pick up in the first four rings -- which is the majority of voicemail systems in the world--you CANNOT leave a voicemail.

please try it and let me know if you have a workaround for that as well.

Posted by hstreu on 15.07.2018 at 04:04:

changing gvuser to the unique identifier seems to work for me also: THANKS!!!

Posted by ecys on 16.07.2018 at 20:01:

hi everyone, i know we all got excited about mistere's way of keeping the GV registration by replacing gvuser with the unique user id assigned to the obi device created by pbxes, however, as of this morning we are once again unable to make outgoing calls. the GV trunk stays registered and shows up as green on the status page, but it seems we're back to square 1. i wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. the pbxes moderators have been totally silent on this whole system-wide problem.

Posted by hstreu on 16.07.2018 at 20:41:

I deleted all my trunks on GV and PBXES and started again: This time my google account name is used instead of the unique identifyer and it has been working until now

Posted by montoo on 20.07.2018 at 15:46:

As mentioned earlier..
Only one G.voice account can be assigned per PBXes account
Is it possible to add few more..like previously.

Posted by lpm on 28.07.2018 at 14:25:

Daumen hoch! RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider

This is working perfectly for me. I deleted the XMPP trunk and created a new SIP trunk for Google Voice. Now both incoming and outgoing calls are working great again, I am ecstatic.

PBXes is the best!

Note: for international outgoing calling to work I had to use a + prefix before the country code.

Here are my dial rules for the Google SIP trunk. I strip international prefixes (+,00,011) then if it is a domestic number I add the "1" country. Then I prepend a +.

+|.
011|.
00|.
1+nxxnxxxxxx

and I have a plus sign in the outgoing call prefix.

Posted by buntenbach on 29.07.2018 at 19:16:

2nd UPDATE;

After a wihile, the connection dropped again for some time

Jul 30 02:48:50 NOTICE[62417] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for GVuser@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #11)
Jul 30 02:48:51 VERBOSE[62417] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I changed the ID back to my GV.login instead of the long ID which is shown on the GV page. Since a few hours it did not drop the connection anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did the same as the people before: Deleted the old GV-line and connected GV as SIP-provider. It worked for short time. Then the connection dropped. I changed the ID from the short one to the long GV ID. It worked again for a whille. The status right now is that it works for some time and stops working for a while until it reconnects by itself.

When it works, phonecalls are great!

ul 29 19:54:15 NOTICE[62417] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'BIGxxx@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #6)
Jul 29 19:55:15 NOTICE[62417] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'BIGxxx@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #7)

It shows in between: Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"

What can I do to keep GV permanently connected?

Posted by crowston on 01.08.2018 at 22:28:

Following the advice of mis & lpm (use the unique ID from Legacy Google Voice settings and adding + to the outbound dial prefix) worked for me.

Is there any hope of supporting multiple GV-SIP trunks? I was using two with the old setup. There are many people using GV, so the servers are already connecting multiple times, so I'm not sure what the limitations is to having multiple per account.

Posted by i-p-tel on 02.08.2018 at 08:50:

Since yesterday after a code change, there are no "603 Rejected" errors any more. So registration seems stable now. No more flapping.

Processing multiple registrations per account really is no big change. We are already working on it.

Posted by i-p-tel on 02.08.2018 at 14:13:

Ready for testing multiple GV trunks on www1. Other machines will be updated over the weekend. If you want to test, please make sure:

Thanks for testing because we only have a single such trunk.

Posted by buntenbach on 03.08.2018 at 16:12:

Thank you very much for getting the GV trunks working again. After your update, it works fine!

Please let us know when www4 is updated. I have a second GV number and would like to add it again to pbxes.

Posted by montoo on 04.08.2018 at 18:58:

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
Ready for testing multiple GV trunks on www1. Other machines will be updated over the weekend. If you want to test, please make sure:
  • to click "Submit & Start" once, to update your PBX software,
  • resave your GV trunk
Thanks for testing because we only have a single such trunk.

GV multiple trunks is working once again. The default setup from Pbxes for GV is working too. No need to copy & paste password from Gv Legacy account settings.
Thanks for Pbxes support

Posted by i-p-tel on 04.08.2018 at 20:23:

Thanks for testing. All machines have been updated.

Don't forget to click "Submit & Start" in "Personal Data" to get the update.

When you restart your PBX (no matter what you do first), your GV trunk needs to be re-saved. All GV trunks saved before won't work anymore.

Posted by buntenbach on 08.08.2018 at 09:44:

last Update:

Again problems with both trunks. Restarted the pbx and resaved the GV trunks. Some outgoing calls are going though on one line. The other does not work at all.

The outgoing call which worked fine, showed ip-1xx6-198xxxxxxxx/pbxes.org. The others just showed ip-1xx6 xxxx without the /pbxes.org

UPDATE:

It looks like, that both GV trunks are now working as expected!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried now to add the second GV trunk as instructed. It worked for a moment, But now, they both do not work continously. Incoming and outgoing has problems. What can I do?

Posted by i-p-tel on 13.08.2018 at 09:15:

Please add date/time for a failed call. Thanks!

Posted by buntenbach on 14.08.2018 at 12:49:

The call at 2018-08-14 23:03:38 was ok.
The call at 2018-08-14 22:57:45 did not connect at all.

The call 2018-08-14 21:03:55 connected fine but automatically terminated by itself 16 seconds later during our voice conversation. I tried to recall the number several times with no success.

The call at 14.8. 13:41:26 secondes failed.

The call at 14.8. 13:45:14 seconds worked fine.

As stated before: The outgoing call which connected to the destination, showed ip-1xx6-198xxxxxxxx/pbxes.org. The other just showed ip-1xx6 xxxx without the /pbxes.org

I did not change anything in the setup. Just dialed a second time after a few minutes.