PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- News (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=17)
--- Google Voice as SIP Provider (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1531082977)

Posted by i-p-tel on 08.07.2018 at 21:49:

Google Voice as SIP Provider

Since a few weeks Google is offering a SIP interface for its Voice product. Because some aspects of it are not like the standard username/password model we've added a new button for SIP trunks called "Get Password for Google Voice".

When adding a new SIP trunk just click on that button. Then acknowledge access to your voice account. PBXes will fill in the matching settings for trunk name, SIP server, username and password. Last step is saving the new trunk with these settings.

Note

Posted by unlive on 09.07.2018 at 06:44:

RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider

Does it mean if all former free accounts with Google Voices trunks will no longer work correctly? I have this account and I can't add new / edit an existing trunk as described above. There is no new button for me.

Posted by i-p-tel on 09.07.2018 at 13:18:

You can now delete your old Google Voice trunks and create one of the new SIP based ones. The new button should be available for all account types including the free accounts.

Posted by bvmf on 09.07.2018 at 16:44:

I have two paid accounts and there is no such button on either account. Here is a screenshot for adding a new SIP account:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y27jj7-z4eTRDJx5YZDhG4gSMU8RMLuc/view?usp=sharing

When will this option be working and available?

Posted by ecys on 09.07.2018 at 16:51:

In fact, there is no button for adding ANY SIP trunks -- Google Voice or otherwise! No "submit" button. There are fields to enter the proxy, username and password, but no "submit" button, and hitting enter doesn't do anything.

Something has gone wrong in your deployment and now no new SIP trunks can be added.

Posted by i-p-tel on 10.07.2018 at 08:51:

Lampe RE: Google Voice as SIP Provider

www2 and www3 were missing a bit. Please try again. Thanks!

Posted by unlive on 10.07.2018 at 11:11:

400. That’s an error.

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request, https://www1.pbxes.com/oauth2callback.php, does not match the ones authorized for the OAuth client. To update the authorized redirect URIs, visit: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials/oauthclient/346479451771-g8gj5ants1n53nkik6akp0mscatt7sih.apps.googleusercontent.com?project=346479451771

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by i-p-tel on 10.07.2018 at 12:54:

This was a configuration error on our side. Please try again. Should be fixed now.

Posted by mistere on 11.07.2018 at 01:49:

Hello,
I am really excited to hear that there is so much interest and progress related to the new google voice SIP interop.

I checked my account for the aforementioned 'create trunk' option, but I only saw the buttons for 'SIP trunk' and 'Enum trunk'. The Gtalk trunk is gone now, but there was no 'Google Voice trunk' button at all.

I instead tried to create the trunk by using a URL workaround;
I entered 'https://www2.pbxes.com/config.php?display=6&tech=GVOICE' into my address bar.

This brought up the page to create a google voice trunk, I filled in the necessary info and used the 'get password for google voice' button and that part worked fine. I clicked 'save' then saw the red 'apply changes' bar, and also clicked that. After the settings saved I then got 'DB Error: no such table' and no settings page loaded.

Is this because I have used the URL instead of asking about the missing button first?

In any case, my trunks menu is pretty messed up now...
there are multiple google voice trunk entries that just bring up the 'DB Error: no such table' when I try to click on them. It is also messing up the inbound calling that was still functional on the old google talk trunk.

Any suggestions, or maybe you awesome i-p-tel folks can delete those errant gvoice trunks since I cannot? let me know.

Thanks for all your hard efforts, I am impressed with how much you have implemented on this so quickly...

P.S. I am at the www2 datacenter...

Posted by i-p-tel on 11.07.2018 at 07:57:

@mistere Don't try your own URLs. Just add a SIP trunk :-)

Posted by ecys on 11.07.2018 at 22:49:

i've set up two google voice trunks using the "get google voice password" button and the trunks register without any problems. i've also set up my outbound routes, but my outbound calls often don't connect. it's been sporadic at best, but mostly unsuccessful.

the new system seems to be quite experimental at this stage.

Posted by bvmf on 12.07.2018 at 02:24:

only 1 out of every 10-15 calls is successful with the new google voice sip trunk. also, when i add two separate google voice trunks with different outbound routes for each, only the second one makes the call, even though my call monitor shows the other was used. basically, regardless of which google voice trunk makes the call, the receiving party sees only the caller ID of the second google voice account.

i think your new "get google voice password' system cannot be logged into two google voice accounts separately and on the same account.

Posted by mistere on 12.07.2018 at 17:29:

That is for removing the broken trunks from my account Augenzwinkern

The 'add gvoice trunk' button still seems to be missing unglücklich

I just have the two to add a sip or enum trunk.

Is the www2 server missing the functionionality still?

I paid for an additional subscription to the low bandwidth vocodoer and tried to switch From soho to a pro account and still don't see it (and now double payed for my account at this point).

Let me know if there is any trick to make it show up...

Thanks.

Posted by i-p-tel on 12.07.2018 at 19:21:

I don't know how often I shall repeat it: you add the trunk as sip trunk and there's a button get password for Google Voice in there.

Posted by ecys on 12.07.2018 at 21:22:

still doesn't work. outgoing calls time out and i see "playback" in call monitor.

Posted by hstreu on 13.07.2018 at 18:04:

I deleted my gtalk trunk and added the sip trunk. It worked perfectly but next day I had to repeat the provisioning. For a couple of days I had to repeat deleting and adding the Sip trunk but now it no longer works even though the status is green but after one try it turns translucent green and will not connect calls and only gets error announcement that call cannot be placed as dialed.

Posted by ecys on 13.07.2018 at 22:50:

we've been having same exact issue. the new gv sip trunk does not stay registered permanently and works only when it is registered.

Posted by montoo on 14.07.2018 at 09:11:

Using now only one voice account as mentioned.
After creation and before starting to use the new feature click "Submit & Start" in "Personal Data" once.

In Status screen, the Google Voice trunk is grey in color, when call is initiated, change to red.
After call connected, does not hear other party voice and after 18 second you hear following.
"your call can't be completed as dial, please try....
After disconnection stays Green for one minute and then back to in Grey color.

Any further suggestion or tweaking to make it work?
Other question if it work, does receiving party will able to see Google voice number?

Posted by i-p-tel on 14.07.2018 at 09:46:

As the trunks are now SIP based you can activate SIP trace in System Log to see what's going on. Please have a look there first.

Posted by montoo on 14.07.2018 at 09:59:

Magically Google voice worked for one call, shows green in Status.
after making a call back to same sates..
System log shows..

Jul 14 13:11:00 NOTICE[36053] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'gvuser@obihai.sip.google.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #10)
Jul 14 13:06:00 VERBOSE[36053] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 603 "Rejected"

I noted that the sip registration of Google voice is cycling (some time off for period , then stay on for perioid ).

When on (Status page shows Green) then call goes through.