PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- News (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=17)
--- RE: Dial with Alexa (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1521719662)

Posted by i-p-tel on 22.03.2018 at 12:54:

Dial with Alexa

Alexa already has an integrated service for making hands-free phone calls to some countries (US, Canada and Mexiko).

Now we developed an Alexa skill to connect to your PBX and make international phone calls.

Just say "Alexa, open switch board" - This launches your personal secretary. She allows you to voice-dial phone numbers, a shop nearby, or your contacts (after uploading them to PBXes).

Then say e.g. "Call bakery". Next your phone will ring. Pick up and you will be connected to the nearest bakery.

The voice UI to PBXes has the advantage that you don't need to search your phone first, unlock it, and start the phone app. Instead you can just say e.g. "Alexa, ask switch board for bakery" to make a call to your local bakery.

Posted by i-p-tel on 25.04.2018 at 11:50:

RE: Dial with Alexa

We've now published a video about the new feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef1uNJiu6cQ

Posted by jonibird on 10.05.2018 at 22:16:

I've configured a sip provider, callcentric, setup identical 4 digit mailbox pin on pbxes vox & callcentric's tho I still got login glitch on using <username (pbxes)>-100 & pwd of that 4 digit voicemail box pin. Can someone kindly assist? When I used just <username (pbxes)> & pwd (pbxes), it considerately in red corrects to username-extension & mailbox pin for pwd to setup Alexa switch board in the Alexa app. Any dude'll do... jk

Posted by i-p-tel on 11.05.2018 at 12:10:

Because your extension no. is 333, you have to login to <accountname>-333. Does that help?

Posted by jonibird on 12.05.2018 at 10:53:

Thanks! Yes to ability to register to switch board skill. I'm unable to request a Vatican City # except it got accepted apparently by Alexa who confirmed # & said, see you later, though softphone never got incoming call. Unless related to default delay I accepted for switch to voicemail, I'm overestimating what callcentric can service, even with echo/Alexa skill?! Be kind enough to respond again. JK

Posted by i-p-tel on 12.05.2018 at 18:43:

Your softphone is not properly registered. Try making testcalls to *43 (echo test). Look into Status Display to see its registration status.

Posted by jonibird on 12.05.2018 at 18:52:

Though I once was registered, now I'm not. I use <username> & sip password. Should i add -extension to the username? I see a zero next to Soho account yet received warning to login maybe 3 days ago within 7 days...jk

Posted by i-p-tel on 12.05.2018 at 20:22:

Yes, absolutely. This is because you could register multiple different extensions.

Posted by 081226062 on 20.08.2018 at 08:05:

Hello,
Unfortunatly, it is seems impossible to use the skill from France
Do you confirm this limitation ?
Best regards
S.

Posted by i-p-tel on 20.08.2018 at 17:48:

Yes, true. Can you help us translate to French?

Posted by montoo on 22.08.2018 at 06:16:

Best skill of Alexa to use with Pbxes. Setup is very easy (user: Extension-xxxx & psw: Voicemail password). The sound quality is awesome it appears that only one extension can be setup in Alexa profile.

Is there any way to setup multiple extension in same Alexa profile.

Posted by philculmer on 10.10.2018 at 20:57:

Do you plan to make this skill available in the UK? I looked on my skills list and sadly it was not there - just something for finding customer service numbers.

Posted by i-p-tel on 16.10.2018 at 12:05:

We've submitted the skill with the additional countries activated for review. Hope it gets live within the next couple of days.

EDIT: Still waiting for certification. Expecting support for UK, Australia, and Canada to be ready until end of November.

Posted by i-p-tel on 29.11.2018 at 14:56:

The updated skill with support for UK, Australia, and Canada is now live!

Posted by 081226062 on 21.12.2018 at 12:05:

Hello,
A newYear up for the french (belgian) users of Alexa and Pbxes :-)
If it is a question of translation, I can try to help.
Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year from Belgium.

Posted by thegiant on 26.11.2019 at 23:40:

Here's a tip, You can access Alexa over SIP..

https://siplexa.com/

I'm testing it right now, (not using another trunk, but a separate line on my Cisco phone). It's a little slow, and has a timeout, so for instance if you have a long flash briefing it can't play the entire thing, but for short things like the switchboard, it's ok. Although, sometimes when I say "open switchboard", it thinks I am saying "open xbox". Nice proof of concept anyway, when it cooperates.

EDIT: LOL weird, it says my name is "the".

Posted by huawang on 22.12.2019 at 08:29:

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
Because your extension no. is 333, you have to login to <accountname>-333. Does that help?

I tried to link my extension, but it had login error. I used huawang-extension as Id and sip password as password. Bit I got error. Could you please take a look why I had error?

Thanks

Posted by i-p-tel on 22.12.2019 at 11:45:

Password is your voicemail PIN.

Posted by huawang on 22.12.2019 at 22:09:

How long will take it to link? I was able to login with my extension, but still not linked .

NM, I was about to link it about couple try. Thanks!

New question: how to call extension? I was told the number is invalid and asked me to check the configuration of on when I called my extension.

Posted by tfn220189 on 05.02.2021 at 19:03:

Can I help you translate to Italian? I'd love to have it in my country ❤️