PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- Miscellaneous (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=19)
--- RE: Can't call my account or any extensions through their SIP addresses?! (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1315783164)

Posted by darkstar851 on 12.09.2011 at 00:19:

traurig Can't call my account or any extensions through their SIP addresses?!

After some rather frustrating issues with Google Voice peering, I've finally gotten PBXes to properly dial out and accept in, however, now I need to add an extension to a local PBX (Trixbox) and make it ring my SIP address (I know how to do this, that's not my problem). When trying to call myself at SIP/darkstar851@pbxes.org, I get a signal notifying me that I was unable to complete the call (three tones repeating twice in X-Lite 4). I have a "blank" Inbound Route setup, no trunk or CID, aimed at my target extension of 200, but I still can't get anything.

If somebody could please help me with this, I would be very appreciative. I'm on a Soho account if it matters. verwirrt

Posted by elkosupertech on 15.09.2011 at 17:04:

RE: Can't call my account or any extensions through their SIP addresses?!

My understanding is that you will want to setup a SubPBX for your Trixbox. I am assuming that your Ext 200 is on the local Trixbox, so when the GTalk trunk is ringing, you want it to go to Ext 200 right?

I don't know if this helps but on my setup I have a Gtalk coming in, and a ring group setup for the extensions on my local Trixbox

1101#
1102#
1103#
1104#

That # is very important to identify sending down a trunk. Then my SubPBX trunk "elkosupertech-bull" is registered two-way on my Local TrixBox as a trunk there too. That way, my default out goes though that trunk and incoming is registered and allowed to come in.

DJ

Posted by darkstar851 on 15.09.2011 at 18:53:

Other way around, actually. I'm using PBXes for a few different services, but I've defined an extension on there for work. I need it so when someone rings my work extension (23, for contextual matters) it'll ring (Over the internet through my SIP address) my PBXes extension (200).
My understanding is that you can use a softphone to call your username (darkstar851@pbxes.org), but I can't even get /that/ to work. I saw around as well that you could do <username>-extension so like darkstar851-200@pbxes.org, but no luck with that either.

It's probably a little stupid setting that I'm just missing, but it's a real nuisance.

Posted by elkosupertech on 15.09.2011 at 18:59:

That's interesting. I have a softphone connected for work using elkosupertech-201. I am using 3CX for a softphone, and to get that setup I used just the user ID but also I used the Proxy Address of PBXes.org. But the softphone does work along with my internal extensions and my GV accounts.

Curious, does your panel show the extension is active?

Posted by darkstar851 on 15.09.2011 at 19:01:

Zitat:
Originally posted by elkosupertech
That's interesting. I have a softphone connected for work using elkosupertech-201. I am using 3CX for a softphone, and to get that setup I used just the user ID but also I used the Proxy Address of PBXes.org. But the softphone does work along with my internal extensions and my GV accounts.

Curious, does your panel show the extension is active?

Yeah, with credentials as a user of the account it works fine. But shouldn't the public be able to hit that address?

Posted by elkosupertech on 16.09.2011 at 17:35:

If by hitting it, you mean ringing it I would think not. In Trixbox's setup, there is a box to accept anonymous SIP connections, and with this service you don't have that option.

So my thought is that it has to authenticate somehow. I believe that's where the SubPBX setting comes in. It authenticates with PBXes and then allows you to ring any or all extensions. I think... smile

Again, I'm not affiliated with PBXes except as a customer. But I love this service and hopefully my experiences with it helps.

Posted by Diafora on 19.09.2011 at 08:26:

@darkstar851: The public can get to that address (SIP URI), if and only if it has an appropriate Inbound Route setup. So for extension 201 in elkosupertech's PBXes' account, there should be an Inbound Route named elkosupertech-201 pointing to extension 201.

Only then will the elkosupertech-201@pbxes.org will be reachable from the rest of the OnNet world.