PBXes (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/index.php)
- English (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=16)
-- News (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/board.php?boardid=17)
--- RE: Google Voice Peering (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/threadid.php?threadid=1289421168)

Posted by i-p-tel on 10.11.2010 at 21:32:

Google Voice Peering

Starting today all paid users may register their Google Voice trunks from their PBXes. This is an additional option to SIP and ENUM protocols within the trunks menu. Google Voice uses a different protocol than SIP to interconnect over IP. It's called Jabber or XMPP.

This gives you a number of benefits:

Posted by distinct on 11.11.2010 at 13:06:

RE: Google Voice Peering

Thank you, this direct integration into pbxes.org is a great feature.

I set up my Google Voice trunk as described, however I cannot see that it is registered on the status page neither are any inbound calls coming through when I call my Google Voice DDI number. I get a ringtone, but the call is not put through to pbxes and lands on the voicemail.

Google Chat is set as the only forwarding "number/phone" in the Google Voice settings.

Is there still something wrong with the implementation of this feature on the side of pbxes, since one can't really make mistakes when setting up the trunk? Anyone got it working?

Posted by pasqualei on 11.11.2010 at 13:51:

I setup the feature as described and it's working well, so far.

Posted by dayton on 11.11.2010 at 14:05:

großes Grinsen Great!

Posted by i-p-tel on 11.11.2010 at 14:22:

Google Voice trunks don't appear in the status panel yet. Please make testcalls after adding them. If it doesn't work, immediately delete or modify the trunk because an incorrectly setup Google Voice trunk can lock a PBX down after some time (which would then respond again after clicking "Submit & Start" in "Personal Data")!

@distinct
It seems Google Voice can't be fully used in conjunction with Google Apps accounts i.e. you must use it with a username with the "@gmail.com" suffix.

Posted by bronder on 11.11.2010 at 18:49:

Great to see this feature included in pbxes. I was going to ask for it.

I'm trying to get it set up. First I called some numbers from my google mail browser windows as I usually do. Some rang for ever but I got a couple to answer and talk .

Then I tried setting it up on pbxes with a Gmail trunk and outbound routing.

Test calls I got a female voice saying the call could not be completed.

Then I tried calling those numbers again from my google mail app window, got the same femaile voice there. Good news but bad because I can't get the call to work.

So I closed the browser, and opened it again and tried to call.. now calls just ring and no answer. Could be Goggle voice? or my account with them is going haywire?

Posted by distinct on 12.11.2010 at 00:40:

It did indeed not work with a non-gmail.com google account. I had to set up a gmail account first and now the trunk works fine with the @gmail.com user.

Posted by bronder on 12.11.2010 at 01:03:

Ok, it is working now using the same setup. It must have been a transient thing.

One advice , put a 1 before any US number, otherwise It might be routed as an international call.

Posted by natures on 12.11.2010 at 21:24:

feature works as advised, but i would suggest if you could change the status message. currently the status is set to "I am an Asterisk Server", if there is option to change or if there is no status message at all then it would be much better.

Custom status message will be very good option if its possible.

by the way keep the good works on pbxes.org

Posted by bronder on 12.11.2010 at 23:11:

After changing the settings yesterday and making some test calls that went thru, today I can't go into my pbxes setup page and my phones can't connect to my pbxes.

Can this be related to my setup of the google voice trunk? I thought if my pbxes got hung I could go into the setup and restart it, but I can't even get there. I was only able to log in here.

Posted by skyslabo on 13.11.2010 at 08:48:

Daumen hoch! RE: Google Voice Peering

I wanted feature. großes Grinsen
It is very great.

However, all don't work. I indicate my situation below.

In PBXes, I made GV trunk, made Inbound and Outbound Routing, and linked it with the trunk. All are defaults. On the other hand, in the Google Voice, I removed all the checks of forwarding PSTN at Phones page, and checked only to Gtalk. Gtalk in Gmail includes "WebCall", "SMS" Labs, and some Gtalk services.

However, GV trunk doesn't appear in status of PBXes. And all Incoming(s) and Outgoing(s) don't work. But, the receiving page of Google Voice indicated Incoming and Outgoing activity as occurred.

I experienced out of control in PBXes. Such configuration is correct in my understanding? verwirrt Anyway, I want to be able to use this feature now strongly. Please teach me. Augen rollen

Posted by sukrit on 14.11.2010 at 09:38:

Just wondering to know how to add the inbound routing for Google Talk. Tried to use Gtalk and user@gmail.com seem not to work. Please help. Thank you.

Posted by markks on 14.11.2010 at 22:42:

Issues here as well.

Inbound:

Setup trunk as myusername@gmail.com
When making a test call, I hear one ring, then silence for about 5 seconds, then a busy signal. I am able to receive calls at the same extension that is specified in my inbound route.

Outbound:

For all numbers dialed, I keep hearing a message that says "Cannot complete your call, please try again." It sounds like the Google Voice lady, but I cannot be sure. The only exception is when I dial other Google Voice numbers -- these will dial correctly.

Also, I have another Google Voice account I am trying to add to PBXes. I am able to successfully add the trunk but when I try to add an incoming route I receive a popup message stating "Name too long!" in reference to the trunk name. The trunk is available when defining Outbound routes. My gmail username for this account is 20 characters plus "@gmail.com" for a total of 30. Can anything be done to increase this size of this field?

I am very excited about this integration -- I have been waiting/hoping this would become a reality. Any assistance is appreciated!

Posted by bdiederi on 15.11.2010 at 01:44:

Thanks for this feature.
I am using it with Google Apps and it works just fine.

The only thing I can't figure out, is how to catch the trunk in incoming routes.
I have tried

none work - the later two aren't even accepted in the dialog because of illegal characters.
PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Posted by i-p-tel on 15.11.2010 at 10:32:

Use <user name>@<domain> as the trunk name in inbound routing.

Posted by bdiederi on 15.11.2010 at 18:12:

Thanks, I tried that (<user>@<domain>) but the inbound route form will not accept it and throws a dialog saying: NAME TOO LONG.
The route name would be 26 characters, by the way.

Posted by markks on 15.11.2010 at 20:29:

@i-p-tel - I have specified myusername@gmail.com and I still cannot receive inbound calls. I checked the system log and it looks like the call is not coming into my PBX at all -- there is no record in the log.

Some other observations/behaviors on receiving calls in PBX with Google Voice:

* Inbound calls to my Google Voice number do ring in Google Talk when I am signed into my email account - My extension does not ring through my PBX
* If I sign out of Google Talk, the call will ring once, then drop - again, my extension does not ring through my PBX. In either event, I should hear the phone ring for ~35 seconds and be directed to my Google Voice Voicemail.
* If I remove my Google Voice trunk from my PBX, the phone ring for ~35 seconds and be directed to my Google Voice Voicemail, as expected. There seems to be something going on with the way PBXes is registering with GTalk.

Any advice on what to try next or is there anything you can check on your end?

As a note, I am now able to make Outbound call with my Google Voice trunk.

Thanks!

Posted by tijuca on 15.11.2010 at 22:59:

Zitat:
Originally posted by bdiederi
Thanks, I tried that (<user>@<domain>Augenzwinkern but the inbound route form will not accept it and throws a dialog saying: NAME TOO LONG.
The route name would be 26 characters, by the way.

I have the same

Posted by i-p-tel on 16.11.2010 at 09:45:

Inbound routes now accept longer entries.

@markks
You are missing an inbound route. Create a general rule (empty trunk name & cid) for accepting all calls.

Posted by natures on 16.11.2010 at 10:26:

any news on my suggestion, please remove the status message completely or give option to edit