PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Ring group: External numbers not working
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eco
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.04.2008

traurig Ring group: External numbers not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have entered an external number in the ring list and prefixed it with "#" as suggest by the help popup.

But as soon as there is an external number in the list, it goes straight to the "no answer" section.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Emanuel

29.12.2010 19:50 ecorthay is offline Search for Posts by ecorthay Add ecorthay to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Ring group: External numbers not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
shouldn't that be suffixed not prefixed ?

30.12.2010 21:32 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
eco
Grünschnabel

RE: Ring group: External numbers not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It should be suffixed, my bad. That's what I did, as in the example...

Update on the issue:
If I call the ring group from an IP phone, the PSTN phones *DO* ring, but I get no ringing acknowledgment on the VoIP phone. In this case, if the call is coming from the PSTN, it jumps right into the "no answer" section.

If I add a VoIP extension to the ring group, *THEN* I get a ringing sound when I call the number from an IP phone AND it works from the PSTN.

The issue seems to be that there is no acknowledgment that the call is in progress if all calls in the ring group are external/PSTN.

A work around seems to be to add a dummy internal extension to the list... Not ideal but at least working. Suggestions welcome.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eco on 30.12.2010 at 22:31.

30.12.2010 21:57 ecorthay is offline Search for Posts by ecorthay Add ecorthay to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
How about using a classic extension for each external number, maybe that would work ok ?

30.12.2010 23:36 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
eco
Grünschnabel

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, that does work but it is using extensions that I need (I can only have a maximum of 10 extensions in my account).

I would just like to make it work as it says it can work and hope my experience will be helpful to others...

UPDATE: It nows seems to be working with 2 external numbers termined with #. I didn't change the configuration, so I cannot explain why... Thanks for the help.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eco on 21.01.2011 at 22:22.

31.12.2010 22:32 ecorthay is offline Search for Posts by ecorthay Add ecorthay to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: