PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: SIP Trunk Outage
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Daumen runter! SIP Trunk Outage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

despite the problems described in http://pbxes.org/forum/thread.php?threadid=1282873282, I am having a trunk outage.

I've read this post (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=144&sid=), where luxapo reports the same problem I am experiencing (no connection from PBXes, normal connection with ATA and softphones).

The solution presented to luxapo, however, doesn't apply to me (my trunk config is already as described in the topic). Also, I don't remember changing anything.

Has anyone else had issues with trunks?

UPDATE: (Aug, 31)

I registered a second trunk (Betamax clone Rynga). It is shown as active in Status screen, but calls are not routed to it (yes, I have added the trunk to the outbound route).

Outbound calls do not appear in Call Monitor.

When I try to make a call:

Aug 31 09:02:20 VERBOSE[49149] logger.c: -- Playing 'not-enough-credit' (language 'pt_BR')
Aug 31 09:02:23 VERBOSE[49149] chan_sip.c: Hangup call SIP/marcelcalil-1000-7650, SIP callid fd0f33426e2a511e@TkJfTUNOT0dVRUlSQS5pdGF1dGVjLmludHJhbmV0
Aug 31 09:02:31 VERBOSE[52626] logger.c: Ignoring this INVITE request
Aug 31 09:02:31 VERBOSE[52626] chan_sip.c: Got a SIP re-invite for call 3901d058c5098351@TkJfTUNOT0dVRUlSQS5pdGF1dGVjLmludHJhbmV0
Aug 31 09:02:32 VERBOSE[52626] logger.c: Ignoring this INVITE request
Aug 31 09:02:32 VERBOSE[52626] chan_sip.c: Got a SIP re-invite for call 3901d058c5098351@TkJfTUNOT0dVRUlSQS5pdGF1dGVjLmludHJhbmV0

What System Log says about the main trunk:

Aug 31 08:55:36 NOTICE[52626] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for '7003001@187.45.221.164' timed out, trying again (Attempt #1284)
Aug 31 08:56:26 NOTICE[42685] cdr.c: CDR simple logging enabled.
Aug 31 08:56:26 VERBOSE[42685] logger.c: == MySQL RealTime reloaded.
Aug 31 08:56:26 NOTICE[42685] indications.c: Removed default indication country 'us'
Aug 31 08:56:26 VERBOSE[42685] logger.c: == Extension state: Watcher for hint 1000 deactivated. Notify User marcelcalil-1000
Aug 31 08:56:26 NOTICE[42685] cdr_addon_mysql.c: MySQL database table not specified. Assuming "cdr"

Other messages from the log:

Aug 31 09:27:22 NOTICE[52626] chan_sip.c: Unknown SIP command 'PUBLISH' from '67.231.245.210'

Trunks are offline for 4 days now!

PLEASE HELP!!!

UPDATE (Sep, 1)

Trunks offline for 5 days now.

I used to read forum topics and think that people exaggerated the moderator's unresponsiveness. Now it feels I was too complacent.

UPDATE (Sep, 2)

Trunks offline for 6 days now.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by mar on 02.09.2010 at 15:11.

30.08.2010 18:55 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: SIP Trunk Outage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I see you have had no reply yet.
Normally registration problems are a user error so its really important to check your setup.
Put things back to the simplest settings and start again.
Do you have audio bypass enabled on extensions or trunks ? If so then turn it off while testing, its never worked for me anyway.
Just have one trunk in your outbound route while testing, keep it simple.
Betamax domestic clones with free calls often give problems when connected to a pbx (because of the IP).
Hope you can get it working,
Sorry I can't help you more,
Ron

02.09.2010 21:11 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
mar

RE: SIP Trunk Outage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ron,

any help is appreciated.

Last Friday PBXes operation was full of errors (my DID was connected to the Echo Test, for example). The were all solved, except the trunk problem. So, I strongly believe this is a system error.

Audio bypass is off.

Yes, I had only one trunk and only one outbound route when the issue started. The simplest possible scenario.

The Betamax problem is mainly related to the Freedays (calls not charged during a given period of time), not to the connection itself. As all PBXes extensions use the same IP (for each www zone), Betamax considers it as the same user, and charges for all calls - what is fine for me, as it is still very cheap for my country.

The reason I am asking for other users to look at it is because sometimes two accounts can be bound to the same problem (check this post to understand what I'm talking about : http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?t...1281973198&sid=).

Anyway, thank you very much for your concern.

Regards,

Marcel

02.09.2010 22:11 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

The message "not enough credit" may be caused by the callshop application within PBXes PRO. Since you are no more using PBXes PRO you should move extension 1000 to a different extension number to avoid the message.

03.09.2010 09:34 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mar

Lampe RE: SIP Trunk Outage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

i-p-tel,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are half-right. Extension 1000 seems to be with this callshop problem. Strange thing is that I've cancelled the Pro account several months ago, and only now the extension stopped working.

However, my real problem is the trunk outage. My SIP trunk is shown as time-out in System Log and grayed-out in Status screen.

It has been offline for a complete week now.

As a reminder, it connects fine with an ATA or softphone, so the trunk is not really in an outage.

Regards

UPDATE

the following set of actions fixed the problem:

Go to Trunk -> Account -> Register
Set to No (outbound calls only)
Submit and Apply
Make a testcall (failed)
Go to Trunk -> Account -> Register (again)
Set to Yes (inbound and outbound calls)
Submit and Apply
make a testcall (which finally worked)

Prior to that, I have tried to change trunk name, language, DTMF mode, username and password. I even bought a new trunk account from the same voipswitch reseller and registered it in my PBXes account. All these trials resulted in failure; unregistering and re-registering the trunk was the solution.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by mar on 05.09.2010 at 15:24.

04.09.2010 00:40 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

A general rule for Trunks that don't have DIDs attached to them, is they don't have to re-register to their SIP Proxies continually. Every time a call is routed to them, PBXes sends their registration details with the Invite and the call gets connected. Keeping the trunk registered provides no additional value whatsoever.

So you can reduce the traffic created from all the registration attempts, by selecting not to register, if the use of the trunk is for outbound calls only. All my Betamax trunks are set this way, and function without any issues for the past 4 years, as long as the Betamax SIP Proxies function properly.

06.09.2010 10:42 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mar

Thanks for the reply, Diafora.

There is one advantage of keeping trunks registered: they appear in Status Panel. ; )

Anyway, all is working fine now.

Regards

08.09.2010 19:37 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: