PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: www6 Down?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
moj

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
www6 Down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay I did mention this in another thread but it's probably worth a new one.

We got an outage notification overnight to say we were being moved to www4, and shortly after a note to say it has been moved back.

Our phones register fine, but after a while I noticed calls were not coming in. If you call our number it would ring then just hangup, but not arrive on the phone, normally it would goto voicemail.

Accessing the portal was really slow. I tried the Stop/Start thing people were suggesting but this made no difference. I was afraid to swap it to another server myself for fear of screwing it up, but it got too urgent.

I have now moved our system to www2 which seems to have restored it.

Could someone let me know whats been going on here and when it's save to move back to www6.

13.07.2010 09:12 moja is offline Search for Posts by moja Add moja to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: www6 Down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Good idea to manually change to another server. www6 was still active but slow because of a DDoS attack. We have tuned some parameters to return it stable. You can safely try moving back.

13.07.2010 11:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
moj

RE: www6 Down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks, I'll leave it on www2 for now, I need a day without any issues tomorrow smile

Is there anywhere I'm missing where I could have found out there was a DoS attack?

If I could have known I would have been more persistent in trying to gain access to the interface to change to another server.

13.07.2010 13:50 moja is offline Search for Posts by moja Add moja to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
www2.pbxes.com/status shows the status of servers and services. You can sometimes see a problem starting to occur and change servers before complete failure.
Regards

13.07.2010 14:18 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
moj

That helps, although not the kind of thing I was looking for, I'm thinking something with a human behind it, I'm guessing in the case of a DoS like today that would take this page down too anyway?

That aside, the same link doesn't work for www6 just gives page not found?

13.07.2010 14:23 moja is offline Search for Posts by moja Add moja to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

the link provided shows ALL servers and services, explore all the tabs and bits you can click on.
Alert history is a useful one
Regards

13.07.2010 14:55 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
moj

Ahh makes sense, should have looked closer but got stuck on www2 smile

Thanks, your a champ.

13.07.2010 15:10 moja is offline Search for Posts by moja Add moja to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: