PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Voicemail audio & Music on hold suddenly stopped working/distorded...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
flt

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Voicemail audio & Music on hold suddenly stopped working/distorded... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Everything was working fine with my setup until I started experimenting with extension 'audio bypass'. I tunred it on for all extensions and noticed the result was no audio when dialing voicemail, but calls were working fine. Music on hold also stopped working (I get the occasional distorted sound).

Im not sure if its a coincidence but I was also considering purchasing a g729 license. I navigated into the shop but stopped before the point of ordering a license.

I have now removed all 'audio bypass' settings and check any g729 settings are disabled like bypass. All are disabled as setup in my original working config. But still, none of my IP phones get any audo when dialing *97 for voicemail, but calls between extensions work fine. The strangest thing is that I have a softphone extionsion that works fine when dialing *97 for voicemail!! I have checked all codecs and compared until 'blue in the face'. Right now to keep things simeple the only codec I have enabled on IP phones and softphones is g711. but softphone works and no IP phones work when dialing *97.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

p.s. 6x SPA922
2x poycom IP550
x-lite softphones
Dratek 2820v router (ata disabled)

05.07.2009 12:47 flt is offline Search for Posts by flt Add flt to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Voicemail audio & Music on hold suddenly stopped working/distorded... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I have just noticed that *43 (echotest) and *69 (last callerID) messages have also stopped working.
Normal calls are working fine.
I am using a Linksys SPA1001 ATA at home.

05.07.2009 16:27 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Voicemail audio & Music on hold suddenly stopped working/distorded... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This thread has been merged into:
http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1246741615

05.07.2009 16:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: