PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: UK Calls can not be completed
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cal

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
wütend UK Calls can not be completed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have 3 outgoing routes. Call Centric which is used with E911. I have local phone which charges less than 1 cent per minute for UK calls, and I also have them for my incoming numbers which are forwarded to another number on their end. The last one is Gizmo which is to handle everything else.

CallCentric being the first route has a custom dial pattern of 911. Local Phone is number 2, w/ a custom dial plan of 01144XXXXXXXXXX (011 for US International + 44 for UK CC + 10 digit phone number with the first 0 ignored as by UK standards). Gizmo is set as Valid for all Numbers.

I have a Seimens Gigaset A580IP, and in the base station, my PBXes account is the only VOIP provider with no POTS connection. I don't make many calls, and never needed to make a 911 call (can only hope it would work if need be), and calls to a US phone number seems to work, however when I tried to make a UK PSTN call w/ Local Phone to carry the call, the number shows up as I dialed it on my call log, the trunk is set to Local Phone, my Context is from-internal-cont, and the app is ResetCDR.

With about a 30 seconds of connect tone the Siemens Gigaset phones does to let you know it is doing something (as opposed to silence), I get a Your call can not be completed as dial error message which I assume is the ResetCDR.

This also happened on my Android phone using SIPDroid on a separate Extension w/in the same account, so I know it's not the phone. I am sure the number could simply not be a functional number, but I don't have a large selection of numbers in the UK to call. I did look at Local Phone's call log on their system, and it does recognize one device (being PBXes), but no outgoing call log was shown. Any advise would be a great deal of help as I am on a tight budget and don't have $18/15 minutes to pay for support on a problem that is simple on their end (I'm sure) to isolate and fix.

Thank You
Frank

24.06.2010 15:22 callfsp is offline Search for Posts by callfsp Add callfsp to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: UK Calls can not be completed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Frank,

On the web interface of the A580 IP ensure the Settings -> Handsets -> VoIP Status is set to Yes, and notice the code shown on the handset at the end of each uncompleted call.

The issue you are facing is that LocalPhone being a UK based ITSP expects the dialed number to be in E.164 format, and you are sending it in North American format. Call failed: Forbidden

I have altered the dialed pattern on your LocalPhone outbound route, so when you dial 01144xxxxxxxxxx PBXes will only send 44xxxxxxxxxx to the LocalPhone's SIP Proxy. In order to further validate UK calls to land-lines and cell phones I have added their custom dial patterns as well.

So dial away, and let us know if that little change did resolve your issue.

26.06.2010 03:57 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: