PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: duplicate account checks failed
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
soc

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
duplicate account checks failed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The PBXes system is incorrectly marking accounts as having duplicates.

I opened a pbx account on 15 Oct 2010 using 'diablodale' as the account name. I later saw that it was going to put that account name in the extension address making it visible to others. I didn't want this, so I closed that account also on 15 Oct 2010. I received an email from your system saying:
Zitat:
Your account diablodale has been deleted. This can have the following reasons:
* You requested deletion of your account.
* The personal data you supplied was incomplete or incorrect.
Best regards,
i-p-tel

A few minutes later, I opened a new account 'socialliving' and was testing your service with this.

However, on 1 Nov 2010, your system thought I had two accounts open and active. I received an email on 1 Nov 2010 saying:
Zitat:
we noticed that you created more than one account at PBXes.
That is welcome but also creates considerable load on our servers.
Better would be to stay under a single account as written in our
Terms of Service.
You can delete or upgrade the additional account
socialliving
to paid within the next 5 days. Otherwise we are going to disable it.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Best regards,
i-p-tel

However, I had only one account open and active. I could not log into the account 'diablodale' I already deleted. I did nothing because I could do nothing.

Then on 6 Nov 2010, your system disabled my one active account 'socialliving' that I was using for testing your service.

There was no way on your website to close this 'socialliving' account that is in this state. Nor is there a way to resolve the issue with the 'diablodale' account.

I request investigation into this and also closing and deleting the 'diablodale' account because your system still things I have two accounts.

--Dale Phurrough

23.11.2010 19:04 socialliving is offline Search for Posts by socialliving Add socialliving to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: duplicate account checks failed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Creating a new account under a different name also violates our single account policy for free accounts.

24.11.2010 11:30 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
soc

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: duplicate account checks failed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As implemented then, you can only create one free account. Deleting that account and creating a new one violates terms. Is that right?

Therefore, if someone chooses an account name they dislike and want to rename it (delete and create a new one), it is required that they upgrade. They can never remain a free customer.

I do understand your intention is for people to upgrade. You can see that I upgraded.

24.11.2010 13:25 socialliving is offline Search for Posts by socialliving Add socialliving to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: