PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Outbound routing question
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Outbound routing question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I have 42 outbound routes, some available to any extension, some restricted to specified extensions and some selected by dialled digits.
All great so far but:
I just set a new route for a single extension for digits 07 (mobiles) and put it at the top of the list, it contains 3 trunks. If the call fails (eg sip response 480) it doesn't try the 2 other trunks in the route, skips past the next acceptable route (which accepts 07 dial from any extension) and selects the last acceptable route in the list (any digits but specified extension).
My question is why not try all 3 trunks in the first route before going on to the next available route, and why skip a perfectly good route on the way down to the route it actually uses ?
All routes and trunks work just fine apart from this scenario and I have followed the log to confirm.
Any suggestions most welcome
Regards

26.05.2010 20:55 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Outbound routing question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can confirm this behavior as well.

26.05.2010 21:39 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Outbound routing question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Diafora,
Should this be raised to IPTel as a bug or is it normal Asterisk behaviour. If you get the same issues then it sounds system wide,
Regards

27.05.2010 17:22 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

That is exactly the reason I wrote the above statement. The issue you described was confirmed and therefore escalated.

27.05.2010 18:59 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: